A rare opportunity has arisen to join the Executive Team of Adventure World as the Food & Beverage Manager to lead the Adventure World Food & Beverage team to even greater heights.
- $5m turnover business unit
- 100 plus strong team
- Sociable hours!
Adventure World is no ordinary Theme Park/Water Park. Currently scoring the highest ratings of any of the leading Theme Parks in Australia on TripAdvisor (for 2 seasons running) Adventure World is a business relentlessly focused on excellence. This focus includes the food experience, which we believe should be an attraction in itself.
As Food & Beverage Manager of Adventure World you'll lead a team of experienced professionals to manage the food and beverage outlets and catering requirements of Western Australia's theme park. Adventure World offers high-end corporate event catering, cafés, bars and quality fast food services all in one unique environment!
If you have
- Experience in recruitment, training, direction, leadership, support and development of a Food and Beverage Team
- A track record of high customer service standards
- PLUS a passion for consistent quality service, pristine operating conditions and product delivery
then this is the role for you!
You will be responsible for setting policies, programmes and procedures.
Your exceptional problem solving, planning and organisation skills will shine in the effective delivery of functions and events, as well as in the promotion and selling of food and beverage items to drive sales growth.
You will lead by example in observing liquor laws and licenses and in the compliance of OHS and hygiene regulations; and you will thrive in a high pressure and dynamic environment.
Whilst product range development knowledge is desirable it is not essential as Adventure World employs a part time "foodie" to assist with this important aspect of the department's development.
This role is for someone who is ready to make a strong impression as an important part of the Adventure World success story.
The role is PERMANENT FULL TIME reporting to the General Manager of Operations and provides first class leadership for a team of over one hundred people.
The ideal candidate will have
- A relentless passion for customer service, always leading by example
- Minimum of 7 years of Management experience in a high volume catering/hospitality role
- Experience in dynamic hospitality environments with responsibility for budgets over $3m
- Specialised knowledge in the Food & Beverage hospitality industry including HACCP and general health and safety compliance
- Experience in product development - with a passion for sampling and adaptation, desirable but not essential.
- Ability to develop solutions to complex and strategic problems and to provide high level, detailed analysis
- Ability to manage industry specialists and diverse Teams; develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders using excellent administrative, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to negotiate best terms with suppliers of volume products
- Detailed knowledge of management theories and their effect on business strategy and operations
- Hold an unrestricted Approved Manager's licence
- Knowledge of Human Resource practices and policies
Adventure World is a truly unique place to work. We foster a culture of trust, support, care for each other and continuous improvement. We have extremely high standards of guest interaction and service that run through every touch point. Most of all we believe in team work and having fun!
An attractive salary package plus bonuses as well as free meals and free car parking, sociable flexible hours and allocations of tickets for family and friends to attend the park are just the beginning of the rewards of working at Adventure World. Moreover, this is your chance to make your mark in an industry where you can lead the growth of a better theme park food experience in Australia.
Interested candidates should send a detailed CV and covering letter addressing your suitability.
Have an Awesome day!
Adventure World is an equal opportunity employer.
Ross Ogilvie, General Manager of Operations
08 9417 9666