Wildlife Keeper Team
Western Australia’s premiere theme park, Adventure World, seasonally employs a diverse range of the state’s finest talent who ensure that our Guest experience is second to none.
Your role will include:
- Caring for the welfare of park wildlife
- Inspecting, preparing and cleaning wildlife enclosures
- Assisting with animal photography opportunities and sales
Adventure World offers a limited number of casual employment opportunities within our Wildlife Team during the 2021-22 Season, with potential for work beyond this date depending on performance and park requirements, reporting to our Operations Leadership Team.
You will also be responsible for providing our guests with an outstanding experience and will;
- Be outgoing and enthusiastic
- Have previous training and experience in working with and caring for animals including at least two or more of the following: Kangaroos, Koalas, Emus and Wombats.
- Must have current manual C-Class license.
- Be responsible for the quality of your own work.
- Ability to perform tasks within the defined procedures.
- Have excellent personal presentation and grooming
- Provide a can-do attitude to learning and delivering a high standard of service
- Be available for, training and peak trade period (including weekends, public holidays, and some evenings)
- Show willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions for lengthy periods
- Have the ability to perform a moderate amount of manual handling
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds
- No planned absences of 5 days or more that would make you unavailable to work between December 26th 2021 and January 31st 2022
- Availability to work a variety of shifts across 7 days during the school holidays
- Availability to work weekends, late nights and most public holidays
- Have a Certificate III in Captive Animals (ACM30317)
- Have a Certificate II in Animal Husbandry
- Studying in the Veterinary field
Candidates without prior experience in working with and caring for animals will not be considered.
Applicants are required to apply for a Group Audition to be considered for the position.
Thank you to all applicants in advance.
We look forward to working with you!