Wildlife Keepers Team (limited specialised positions)
Western Australia’s premiere theme park, Adventure World, seasonally employs a diverse range of the state’s finest talent who ensure that our Guest experience is second to none.
The Adventure World philosophy is to empower our people, so that they can deliver a level of service that surpasses Guest expectations. We are an equal opportunity employer, with a strong commitment to our Team Members.
Adventure World is committed to finding the best 'fit' for each role within the organisation, and continually looks to our Team Members to discover innovative ways of improving our business.
The culture of Adventure World is exemplified by its people. Bright, energetic, with a warmth and sparkle in their personality - a typical Adventure World Team Member enjoys and strives for excellent service. Our core values are based on exceeding the expectations of the whole Family with a commitment to Fun and Safety.
Adventure World offers a strictly limited number of opportunities to join our Wildlife Team in casual positions this summer from 2nd September 2017 until 29th April 2018 with the potential for limited work beyond this date depending on performance and park requirements.
Adventure World provides employment with flexibility and shifts to fit into your life; plus an opportunity to apply your animal handling & sales experience to
- Caring for the welfare of park wildlife
- Inspecting, preparing and cleaning wildlife enclosures
- Conducting wildlife information programs and shows to our Guests
- Assisting with animal photography opportunities and sales
You will also be responsible for providing our Guests with an exceptional experience and will;
- Be outgoing and enthusiastic
- Have previous training and experience in working with and caring for animals including at least one or more of the following: Kangaroos, Koalas, Dingo’s, Emus and Wombats.
- Have a current manual C-Class license.
- Be prepared to take photos and complete sales.
- Have excellent personal presentation and grooming
- Provide a can-do attitude to learning and delivering a high standard of service
- Be available for pre-employment selection, training and peak trade period (including weekends, public holidays, and some evenings)
- Be eligible to work in Australia
- Have a reliable form of transportation to and from Adventure World
- Show willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions for lengthy periods
- Have the ability to perform a moderate amount of manual handling
- Be prepared to follow Adventure World policies and procedures
- Be prepared to operate mechanical attractions on some shifts
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds
- Work well within a large team environment
- Have a strong focus on achieving revenue targets
Candidates without prior experience in working with and caring for animals will not be considered. If you have any questions about your experience or would like more information about the position, please email the Assistant Operations Manager, Chris Nunn firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are required to attend a Group Audition and must bring their resume with evidence of prior experience before progressing to the audition stage.
Thank you to all applicants in advance.
We look forward to working with you!